RAC Voting Disk
Rac Voting Disk
The Voting Disk File is a file on the shared cluster system or a shared raw device file.
Voting disk a key component of clusterware and its failure can lead to inoperability of the cluster.
In RAC at any point in time the clusterware must know which nodes are member of the rso that
- it can perform load balancing
- In case a node fails, it can perform failover of resources as defined in the resource profiles
- If a node joins, it can start resources on it as defined in OCR/OLR
- If a node joins, it can assign VIP to it in case GNS is in use
- If a node fails, it can execute callouts if defined
|crsctl add css votedisk <file>|
|crsctl delete css votedisk <file>|
|crsctl query css votedisk|